Search This Blog

Sunday, September 26, 2010

I love smashing Prinlges With My Toes

So you know those annoying Facebook pages people are always liking...

One's like:"Knowing you love someone but being to afraid to tell them; Rejecting the love of another just to annoy them; I love the feeling I get when I see a penguin yawn; I dislike wearing my mom's fuzzy blue slippers..."

...the pages everyone likes b/c they're totally unique or strange... and yet relate-able.. and people find it surprising that there is a page that is completely dedicated to this relate-able thing... so of course they HAVE to like that page... and EVERY other page that they find remotely relate-able... because they begin to think the thing they can relate to is normal... because, DUH, there's a whole friggin page dedicated to it!!... and therefore everyone can relate to it... and therefore they HAVE to like the page... just so they can prove how 'normal' they are... b/c they're doing something that has its own Facebook page...! which obviously means others do it... and therefore proving what they do isn't totally unique... and therefore they're not only being 'normal'... but being unoriginal and conforming to group norms... and therefore proving that what they saw as a unique or strange (yet relate-able) page -- saying something like: I love smashing Pringles with my toes -- (which was originally something they 'liked' just to prove how unique they are) is really something they 'liked' just to prove how 'normal' they are...

YEAH... I HATE THOSE...




1 comment: